Overcoming Career Challenges + New Job Listings 4/2/20
During tragedy, heartbreak, anxiety, and career challenges, one of our clients received a full-time job offer this week! M. Santiago Group had the privilege of writing a professional resumé for him. Like so many individuals, his previous role ended leaving him wondering how to provide for his family. This was not an easy accomplishment and his aggressive search took a considerable amount of time, compromise, and managed expectations.
Here are a few facts about his journey.
- He critically considered what he would be willing to compromise while still striving to obtain his minimum salary requirements.
- Some of the compromises he was willing to consider were:
- A less desirable work schedule
- A temporary contract vs. a permanent position
- Limited workplace perks
- One challenge he encountered was that some of the companies he was interested had implemented hiring freezes. This drove him to be become even more aggressive in his search while trying not to panic.
- Like many organizations, the company that hired him recently adjusted their operations to accommodate video conference interviewing and remote working.
We cheer many of you on as you share more of your career challenges and victories. For those of you who are still searching, here are some companies that just posted jobs with several providing remote working opportunities. You and your families are in our continued thoughts and prayers.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Director of Provider Contracting
- IT Manager — Integrations and Reporting
- Benefit Coding Specialist I
- National Director of Volunteer Leadership
- Planned Giving Director